Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pipeline Issues in the Bakken -- North Dakota, USA

It's incredible how much great information is sent to me. I really appreciate it. Often I post the information as soon as I get it without reading it first to get it out to readers as quickly as possible. Then I go back and read it myself.

An excellent example is the natural gas gathering and processing story that was sent to me overnight. The commentary was excellent, and the supporting documentation/links were outstanding. I post a lot every day and for newbies, it's important to scroll down to see the several articles that have been posted (of course, I also update links to previously posted items, the more important ones linked on the sidebar at the right).

One of the links in that post include one from "My West Texas." Two things jump out.
  • I am a big fan of pipeline companies and this article validated my hunch that pipelines will be one of the big winners in the Bakken going forward; and, 
  • all the references to natural gas liquids and crude-by-rail oil loading facilities.
At the link:
Producers can no longer, as Lippe said, simply punch holes in the ground and assume product will get to market. Strictures in transportation and processing may even affect drilling projects at some point if capacity cannot grow fast enough.
I thought the takeaway issue had been resolved in the Bakken based on corporate presentations. There may be more going on at all the CBR facilities being built in western North Dakota than just oil. Every time I think the Bakken has no more surprises, something new pops up.

If you are interested in Bakken natural gas and/or pipelines, you need to check out the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment