Friday, March 25, 2022

Quick! Who Is America's Richest Energy Billionaire? March 25, 2022

Quick! Who is America's richest energy billionaire?

I bet you can't guess but when you see the answer, you will say, well, of course. LOL. Think Steve Jobs. 

The list has five.

I don't want to rain on Alex Kimani's parade, but I think he is wrong. I think there is another energy billionaire worth more than #1 on Kimani's list. And I just checked: "my" #1 energy billionaire has a net worth six times that of the individual at the top of Kimani's list. 

But my #1 energy billionaire would be at the top of any number of billionaire lists.

Wow, this list connects a lot of dots and answers a lot of questions I've had over the years.

Best connection for me: Kaiser-Francis Oil Company. 

It's interesting to speculate how Kaiser-Francis almost had it all.

It's also interesting who is not on the list. I'm thinking of one in particular.

There's a lot of fun in this article:

"Due to a temporary repeal of the estate tax law for the year 2020, this woman became, along with her brother, the first American billionaire to pay no estate tax since its enactment."

I vividly remember this -- thinking all the great murder mysteries that could have been written with this theme -- how the multi-billionaire patriarch or matriarch met his/her demise in 2020 despite being in superb physical and mental health.

Wow, you have to love this country. If you can't laugh at that, you have no sense of humor, no sense of irony. A woman billionaire, through a quirk of US Congress, becomes the first woman billionaire to pay no estate tax since its enactment. You kind of wonder who in Congress sponsored this act? LOL. Whose mother or father died that year and had a daughter or son in Congress?

That alone puts this woman in the pantheon of legends in their own lifetime. LOL. I have held stock in her company for a long, long time.

One company recently awarded all of its 1,380 employees a $100,000 Christmas bonus.

Even Warren Buffett, to the best of my knowledge, has never rewarded his secretary so generously.

The guy or gal at the top saw his/her net worth jump 41% in the past three months. 

**************************
The Music Page: The Summer of 1969

Summer of '69, Bryan Adams.

Pretty amazing that he picked the summer of '69.

No comments:

Post a Comment