Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday Night Rambling -- July 29, 2022

I try to get out to the pool three times a day. I'm on the treadmill every morning and then cool off in the pool after that. Mid-afternoon, at the hottest part of the day, I return. Then, in the evening, I'm back for the best time of day. 

That's where I am now. 

Every time I'm in the pool I'm reminded of Palm Springs, California. I've never lived there but I've visited and have seen at least one documentary on the city, as well as spotting scenes of Palm Springs in movies. 

Our apartment complex has two pools, the big pool and the small pool. Both have their "benefits." I used to prefer the small pool; now I prefer thee big pool unless it gets too noisy as it often does on the weekends. Then I move to the small pool.

The personality that most intrigues me and with whom I most identify with Palm Springs: Nancy Sinatra. I just cannot imagine how she survived her childhood, middle school, high school, and coming of age years. 

I'm at the pool this evening, currently 8:40 p.m. and when I came out here about thirty minutes ago, it was 90° according to one website and 88° at another website.

Perfectly still, no wind, no mosquitoes or any bugs for that matter, including no flies, 

With what little light there still is, I'll read some more of my book for the week.

I'm listening to Leonard Cohen's Ten New Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment