Saturday, June 5, 2021

We're Going To Get To 2035 Ten Years Early -- Thank You, China -- June 5, 2021

PTI: before we get started. Wow, am I angry! The big, big, big story in sports today -- Jon Rahm, third round, PGA, Memorial Tournament, running away with the lead, six ahead of whoever was in second place ... and then he tested positive. And had to withdraw at the end of three rounds.

No alligator tears for him. Just plain anger. Aren't sports figures supposed to be role models? Haven't they learned anything this past year? Aren't they giving PSA's encouraging Americans to get vaccinated?

It turns out the threesome in which Rahm was playing, none of the three were vaccinated. Link here

In case that article is edited or removed, I've copied and pasted the key paragraphs and posted them elsewhere

Memo to self: file under self-made idiot.

Now, back to what I was going to say. Sorry for the interruption.

One of the themes of the blog: the Covid-19 pandemic compressed 2020 - 2035 into 2020 - 2025. 

Where "we" would have been in 2035, the pandemic accelerated things and by 2025 -- maybe sooner -- we'll be there (2035), ten years early. 

I've provided examples for weeks now. Here's another.

Retailers know that some customers want to "get in, get out" to minimize exposure. And sure enough, I saw it in action today at Target.

Every other week or so I stop by Target to pick up a bag of candy to give to one of our apartment managers as a "thank you" gift for all they do to make my life wonderful here in the complex. 

Target was as busy as I've seen it. Really, really busy. The check out lines were moving fast; I had no complaints. Then "Valerie" walked up to me, saw me with a single bag of candy, and asked me if I was paying "by card." I said, "yes," and she invited me over to her "pop-up" table where I swiped my credit card through the little smart-phone-device. I said, "no receipt, no bag" and simply walked out the door. 

Target has it figured out. They're taking a page out of the Apple store. Color me impressed.  

"Get in, get out." And that mindset will continue long after Covid-19 is in our rear view mirror.

**************************************
2035 Will Be Here Ten Years Early

If you can accept that, it changes everything.

Including investing. 

I don't know if folks have been following their mutual fund investments, but my hunch is some folks have never seen their investments grow so fast. 

*****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment