Sunday, December 6, 2020

Fossil Fuel Production Scenarios -- CO2 Emissions -- December 6, 2020

Link here.

This is a weird chart. I've looked at it a number of times and went to the original report which can be downloaded as a pdf. 

In fact, I'm not even going to try to explain it. I'll just get in deeper. Go to the source -- it will download as a pdf -- if  you want to try to figure this graph out. The source is at this link. At the link, scroll to the very bottom to download the full report and the executive report.

***************************
Bayou Manchac

I know nothing about the "real topology" of Louisiana. If I had all the money in the world, I would hire a guide and spend a few weeks in the bayous. 

I first came across "Bayou Manchac" while reading about the Mississippi Kite. My note, still in progress, can be found here

From wiki:

Bayou Manchac is an 18-mile-long bayou in southeast Louisiana, USA. First called the Iberville River ("rivière d'Iberville") by its French discoverers, the bayou was once a very important waterway linking the Mississippi River (west end) to the Amite River (east end).

East Baton Rouge Parish lies on its northern side, while its southern side is divided between Ascension Parish (to the east) and Iberville Parish (to the west). The large unincorporated community of Prairieville and the city of St. Gabriel both lie on its southern side.

Now that I'm writing about this, it seems I have done this before. Bayou Manchac was a short cut from the Mississippi River back to the Gulf of Mexico where New Orleans is now, Lake Pontchartrain. The bayou (or river) was a shortcut or "back door" from the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico at New Orleans.

This is a great interactive map of the bayou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment