Friday, December 19, 2014

Only Four More Days ... December 19, 2014

.... until maybe something is officially posted.

From the most recent Director's Cut:
US natural gas storage is now10% below the 5-year average; North Dakota shallow gas exploration could be economic at future gas prices. A reminder: there is some exploration underway in Emmons County; the first well is confidential until 12/23/14.
This refers to these four wildcat wells:
  • 27235, conf, Strata-X, Rohweder, 1-11, wildcat, about 16 miles east of Linton, Emmons County,
  • 27234, conf, Strata-X, Aberle 1-31, wildcat, about 9 miles south of Wishek, McIntosh County (east of Emmons County),
  • 27233, conf, Strata-X, Hoff 1-32, wildcat, east of Linton, Emmons County,
  • 27232, conf, Strata-X, Just 1-24, wildcat, east of Linton, Emmons County,
Speaking of natural gas, Strata-X has discovered natural gas in southeastern North Dakota, outside the "limits of the Bakken." This has previously been reported; it is not particularly new news, and much more needs to be done to determine if the source is economical. I would not have posted this because it's been posted before, from a different source, but if I don't post it, I will receive a gazillion comments and e-mails linking me to this site. Regardless, it has a nice map/graphic
That link still works as of this posting/date.
 
I'm sure there's more than one reader curious if anyone has anything information. My hunch is December 23, 2014, will come and go with minimal new information. Unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong. Really wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Strata-X now has a Bakken play. In Illinois.

    I was admiring their presentation today.

    They have a way with words.

    Not as reliable as Jon Gruber, but entertaining.

    Anon 1

    http://www.strata-x.com/presentations/Strata-X-Illinois_Nov-2014-reduced.pdf

    See pages 10 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we will know much more December 23, 2014. But I'm not holding my breath.

      Delete