Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oasis Has Another Good Well -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Two nice wells being reported from the Bakken today:
I have been quite impressed with Oasis. As some folks may remember, Fidelity (MDU) sold much of their Bakken acreage to Oasis a while back (about 18 months? I forget). At the time, I had mentioned several times how poorly Fidelity wells were in the Bakken, based on their IPs. Oasis seems to have cracked the code, or at least it's my impression (but not a statistical study) that the Oasis wells are coming in significantly better than the Fidelity wells. In addition, I haven't compared results and locations of the wells, but it was very seldom that I saw a "great" Fidelity well and it seems to be rather common to see a "very nice" or "great" Oasis well.

QEP's acreage is in/near the reservation and it, too, has had a number of good wells. Remember, QEP was a spin-off from Questar.

No comments:

Post a Comment