Lake Darling is a very irregular-shaped field, about 25 miles northwest of Minot.
Then this: never underestimate the Madison.
About six miles north of Carpio,
- 25695, conf, Flatirons Resources, Stoa 41-1 2H, Lake Darling, producing as of July, 2013; looks like a fairly decent well, probably a Madison well
- 15732, 25, Flatrirons Resources, Stoa 41-1H, Lake Darling, Madison formation; t6/05; cum 84K 4/13; it has leveled off at about 1,600 bbls/month
- 5166, 30, Genesis St Operating, Vendsel 1 (a vertical well), Lake Darling, Madison, t4/72; cum 758K 4/13; it was shut in for awhile, but NDIC shows it now active, though very little production.
In the same section, 1,500 feet away from #5166, is:
- 5514, 264, Arsenal Energy, Federal Darling 1, t3/75; cum 688K 4/13; stripper well still active;
So, some takeaways:
- a story today on new homebuilding in Carpio, ND (northwest of Minot)
- some spectacular Madison wells in this area from the past (and some still active)
- two rigs on site in this area at the current time (June, 2013)
- a cluster of new Madison sites northwest of Minot
- speculation for quite some time that the area north of Minot could be of interest again