Friday, January 7, 2022

Idle Rambling -- Changes In Latitude, Changes In Attitude -- January 7, 2022

My wife and I were out and about today, here in north Texas, the DFW area. We had one specific errand to run, but took advantage of our time away from the hovel to check out what is/was new in Grapevine and Southlake, TX. I really had not been outside my immediate neighborhood in the past six weeks or so. There may have been exceptions but I don't remember. We have everything we need within walking or biking range.

Before leaving I had been watching CNBC and it was stated that "everyone" was now testing positive for Covid, a mix of Delta, waning, and Omicron, waxing. Apparently, the "official number" is 25% of tests are coming back positive. 

My wife is terrified of Covid-19 and seems not to distinguish between the various variants. Covid is covid she would most likely say. But she is quite terrified of the virus.

Me? I see the most recent variant as nothing more than a "common cold" for most folks but understand the concern of others. 

It's my feeling that Texans, in general, are pretty relaxed when it comes to Covid. I was therefore surprised by the change in attitude. Folks who had previously not expressed concern were now concerned, wearing a mask when before they did not. Schools are back in session and there is no remote learning but there seems to be closer monitoring of students and staff. So, I was surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment