Tuesday, May 28, 2013

United States Environmental Services Sets Up Shop In Dickinson

The Dickinson Press is reporting:
United States Environmental Services, a company new to the Bakken, handles everything from routine cleaning of rigs to emergencies like spills and fires. The company has a shop in Dickinson and will soon be expanding into the Watford City/Williston area.
USES has been based in the Gulf of Mexico since 1996, and has a wealth of experience with maritime cleanup, especially with the Gulf oil spill in 2010 caused by the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.
**************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

I'm sitting in a Starbucks starting to blog for the day. Overhead and overheard is the McCartney song "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey." When this song came out, I was selling books door-to-door in a suburb of New York City. It was the hardest job I ever had. It was tough. I could never do it again. I still occasionally have short moments of panic thinking about it. Smile.

It was unusual not to hear this song every morning while my colleague drove us to our starting points for the day.

The song brings back memories of a most memorable summer. That's where I met the love of my life -- and then the love of my life met the love of her life. And it apparently was not me. Smile. But, wow, the memories.

This is not a Beatles song. It is a song by Paul and Linda McCarney. From wiki: the first of a string of post-Beatles, McCartney-penned singles to top the US pop chart during the 1970s and 1980s.

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Paul and Linda McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment