Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Probably Needs To Be Fact-Checked -- February 28, 2023

It's unreliable, unpredictable, and non-dispatchable, but it's relatively inexpensive, and if you don't think critically about it, it's 1,000% pollution-free. 

And, 100% of the electricity I use in Texas is generated by the wind. It is priced at 15.5 cents/kWh for the first 2,000 kWh. Last year it was priced at 14 cents/kWh (eleven percent inflation) but will be guaranteed at that rate for two full years. I could have gotten four years at 15 cents but worried if I moved -- but the small print said there would be no penalty for moving, so I should have gone for the four years. But, the rate might be lower in two years; who knows? And I'm not going to quibble over 0.5 cents/kWh.

A lot of that needs to be fact-checked but that's what my utility company is telling me, and my total utility costs run less than $100 / month, ten months of the year.

Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment