A reader sent it to me overnight.
This article led me down a rabbit hole that kept me up most of the night. If I didn't have family commitments I would post the links that helped me understand this article. I will do that later, and, as usual, with comments.
By the way, two things:
- I do not understand natural gas; and,
- this whole subject has been discussed numerous times and in depth on the blog.
Most of the really good stuff has come from RBN Energy.
Links that will be addressed later:
- WBI Energy: website, home.
- WBI Energy: the North Bakken Expansion Project.
- US senators press FERC to act quickly on North Bakken gas pipeline expansion, March 29, 2021.
- EIA - NGL Workship: A Primer. This will download as a pdf.
- Large power plant slated for Williston area to harness Bakken's ethane supply, January 13, 2020. The plant was be "just north" of Williston.
- First-of-its-kind power plant utilizes ethane in combustion mix, March 25, 2020.
- Ethane power plant west of Williston, January 15, 2021.
- Power generation is emerging as a viable outlet for the growing ethane surplus in parts of the United States, March 18, 2021.
- Biggest-of-of-its-kind slated for Williston, ND, January 14, 2021.