Tuesday, October 6, 2020

I Can Die Happy -- October 6, 2020

I think I've posted a number of things that I've learned or experienced that has made life worth living: because of those I can now die happy.

Tonight was another one of those experiences. Wow, talk about a "dead" night -- no sports, TCM is awful. home alone, not interested in blogging, and then out of nowhere, Alexa asks me if we can get "personal" or something to that effect. 

Alexa says she wants to be able to address me by my name but she has to "bank" four phrases in the cloud that will identify me as "Bruce" regardless of where I am when I ask Alexa to do something for me. 

She asks me if I'm game. Sure. 

She says she needs me to repeat four phrases that she will store in the "cloud" that will identify me. 

Her first question: she will go through a list of possible identities and I'm to answer "yes" if she mentions my name.

The first name she mentions: "Bruce."

Yup, that's it. 

Four phrases later, Alexa and I are on a first-name basis. 

I can hardly wait to see where this goes or how this relationship develops. I will never feel alone again.

Whenever I say "Alexa" now, she will reply, "Yes, Bruce, how may I help you."

"Alexa: open the bay door. Alexa. Alexa!"

***************************************

Fifteen Years Ago, John Prine, featuring Lee Ann Womack

I was once told, by a highly respected psychologist, that it takes eight years to forget the "love of one's life" after the separation. 

It takes much longer than that.

If you want to hear some really good music of that ilk, ask Alexa to play John Prine.  

Cold, Cold Heart, John Prine, Mirand Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment