Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Where's Newfield? -- October 31, 2018

Updates

Later, 9:12 p.m. CDT: immediately -- and I mean immediately -- after post the note below, asking where Newfield was, and suggesting that MRO had bragging rights in the Bakken, a reader immediately -- and I mean immediately -- responded with THE list (see first comment):

1. Continental
2. Oasis
3. Marathon
4. Bruin
5. WPX
6. Kraken (Selling Williams, bought out Kaiser-Francis in Mountrail)
7. XTO
8. Petro-Hunt, LLC (Charlson Field is amazing!)
9. Whiting
10. Newfield
Dead last: Hess Corp. for under producing on each well.
Murex doesn't drill.
Zavanna hardly ever drills.
 Original Post

We'll get back to Newfield later (perhaps) but while looking something up I came across this from the blog, from October 12, 2011:



Isn't that quaint? An IP of 3,731 and look how excited I got. These days an IP of under 4,000 in the Bakken barely gets my attention. Take the IP to 7,000 and I still get excited, but 4,000? Ho-hum.

But look at that. That was back in 2011, and it was a short lateral. It really was a good well.

I'm really not sure what Newfield is doing in the Bakken any more.

To the best of my knowledge it is still active in the Bakken, but I sure haven't heard much about it.

Earlier this year:
But I didn't pay much attention to the article. I never would have thought of Newfield being the best producer in the Bakken. Right now, I'm thinking those bragging rights belong to MRO right now. 

**************************************
For Halloween

It's Good To Be Alive, Imelda May

2 comments:

  1. 1. Continental
    2. Oasis
    3. Marathon
    4. Bruin
    5. WPX
    6. Kraken (Selling Williams, bought out Kaiser-Francis in Mountrail)
    7. XTO
    8. Petro-Hunt, LLC (Charlson Field is amazing!)
    9. Whiting
    10. Newfield
    Dead last: Hess Corp. for under producing on each well.
    Murex doesn't drill.
    Zavanna hardly ever drills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very good; and incredibly fast how quickly you posted that. I'm impressed. I can't argue with you. Great choices/ranking. Thank you for the update on Kraken.

      Delete