Thursday, October 16, 2014

Natural Gas Fill Rate Below The Magic Number Of 100 -- October 16, 2014

The magic number is 100.

More is better if one is worried about preparation for the winter.

The number today: 94. At the link, scroll down to see the graph.

See "NG_Fill_Rate" at bottom of blog for past posts on this subject.

This link probably explains the most.

By the way, it's hard to see, but looking at the graph at the link to the EIA page (the first link above) the gap is widening from historical fill rate. At least that's what I see. 

4 comments:

  1. The magic number gets smaller as we head into heating season.

    http://247wallst.com/energy-economy/2014/10/16/natural-gas-inventory-increase-weighs-on-price/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year following natural gas, so I am learning as I go along. My thoughts: everyone talks about "all" the natural gas being produced from the Utica/Marcellus, "tsunami" has been used to describe. It seems that if the amount of natural gas is almost 10% historical average, they might be interested in increasing production --

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's a big takeaway problem. Gas is selling for $2 in the Marcellus and 4$ at the Gulf Coast. They can't solve that overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm learning as I go along. It took me several years to understand what little I do about the Bakken.

      Delete