Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Query for Readers: Crude-By-Rail Facilities Around Ross, North Dakota

Back in October I blogged that there was a crude-by-rail facility at Ross, North Dakota.

A reader has sent me a note suggesting there are two oil-loading facilities in/near Ross. If I were in the Bakken I would take a drive out there and check it out, but I'm not. I'm curious if any reader knows if there is more than one oil-loading facility in/near Ross, and if so, where they are located.

Thank you in advance.

Reuters provides a FactBox on crude-by-rail terminals at this link. The first one mentioned:
COMPANY: Plains All American
PROJECT: Build rail-loading facility in Ross, North Dakota
COMPLETION DATE: Fourth quarter 2012
CAPACITY: First phase 20,000 barrels per day of crude and 8,500 bpd of natural gas liquids. Second phase will increase capacity to 65,000 bpd of crude. 
If you do a google search "Ross "North Dakota" crude oil terminals" the third hit down will take you to a PDF (I can't link it) at the NDIC website that will show you where all the current and all the planned terminals are. There is only one CBR terminal at Ross noted in this presentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment