Friday, July 16, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Nothing About The Bakken -- The Feel-Good Page -- July 16, 2021

YouTube: what I'm listening to -- Lana Del Rey. Never gets old. It's interesting. It's hard to ask "Alexa" to play Linda Ronstadt, the best singer ever -- the problem: she had such an extensive and eclectic catalogue. I'm interested at different times in "different" "Lindas." If I ask Alexa to play "Linda Ronstadt" I never know what I'm going to get. On the other hand, Lana Del Rey is fairly predictable.  With some great and wonderful surprises.

UNP: can there possibly be any more bullish news than this? UNP halts shipments from west coast to Chicago to ease "significant congestion." Link to ZeroHedge.  I simply keep accumulating UNP.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here

CVX: I just happened to see my quarterly dividend from CVX. I think I'm getting more in dividends than I ever invested in CVX. Yes, as noted, this is the "feel-good" page. 

Jump: Moderna to join S&P 500. Whoo-hoo! Shares jump. 

Lunch: my wife goes to fancy Asian restaurant most Fridays. Brings back something for me. She must be enjoying herself. It's 2:00 p.m. CT and she has not yet returned home. And I'm getting hungry.

KMI: to buy Kinetrex Energy -- to add a bit of "green energy" to its mix. What does Kinetrex Energy do? It calls itself a renewable natural gas developer, whatever that means. Machts nichts. I just keep accumulating KMI for the granddaughters. I think KMI is paying 6%. Recently increased its dividend ever so slightly. Pundits: confused with regard to midstreamers. Some love them; some hate them. Whatever. It's harder to build a new pipeline than just buy another pipeline company. 

Music: haven't heard this one in a long time. I don't think I've seen this video before.

Autos: McKinsey -- how the automotive industry is accelerating out of the turn

***************************
The Philadelphia Story

Proterra: after I posted the Philadelphia story, a reader wrote -- 

It's a long, ugly story - but the miraculous, clean-green, electric bus - very expensive electric bus - is a failure on many levels.  (The "work" the City did to prep for these buses destroyed millions of dollars of fairly new landscaping and was just a nightmare for businesses along the routes.)

We ordered ours from Proterra - that's at the end of this story.


Well, Philadelphia just had to remove their entire fleet of electric buses - same company.  Wonder if we can cancel the rest of our order/

*********************************
Released Almost Ten Years Ago

I did not know (or if I did, I forgot).

This is so incredible. I was watching this on the small screen (laptop computer) ... wanted to see it on the big screen .... the large flat screen... I turned on the television ... went to "YouTube" on the Amazon Fire TV Stick ... and this popped up immediately ..


I'm not sure if I can think of any one person that defines the "southern California experience" that I know better than Lana Del Rey. 

Southern California, 1973 -- 1977. Then northern California, 1977 - 1980.

Southern California: unmarried. Three beautiful women. 

Northern California: married. One beautiful woman.

2 comments:

  1. "It's 2:00 p.m. CT and she has not yet returned home. And I'm getting hungry."

    And I say: "Suffer, it's good for your soul and strengthens your character". But I hope she actually brought back something worth the wait. Hope Springs Eternal....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, moments after posting that note, my wife arrived home ... with lunch. It was worth the wait. LOL.

      Delete