Saturday, January 23, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Nothing About The Bakken -- Part 1 -- January 23, 2021

Wow, Saturday morning. Beautiful day in north Texas. Two big football games tomorrow. One day closer to crawdad season.

I will delay putting up the top stories of the week. That's one of the most boring things I do. I'm most excited about the four things I mentioned late last night. And this morning, I'm even more excited. 

It turns out that the CDC does track and does post the statistics that I had been looking for. This will make things so much easier to track. I track the vaccine rollout here. Again, like almost everything else on the blog, this is meant for my own personal use and would not recommend that anyone actually accept what I post as accurate. I often make content and typographical errors. I post this data simply as a quick way for me to get an idea of what is going on. It's sort of like horseshoes. I don't mind if I don't get ringers. I just want to be close so I can get a gut feeling of what's going on. If anything on the blog is important to you, go to the source.

It turns out the CDC does track the number of folks that have been immunized and posts that data. I knew they tracked that data; I did not know they posted it in real-time. By the way, there is a reason why the CDC is now posting this data in real-time, something that often does not happen in bureaucracies.

Here is the first set of data:


A

B

C

D

E


Total Doses Administered

Number of People Receiving 1 Or More Doses

Number of People Receiving 2 Doses

Number of People Considered Fully Immunized

Percent (B+C)/A

























Jan 22, 2021

19,107,959

16,243,093

2,756,953


99.44%

It's important to note that the data provided by the CDC is only as good as the numbers the county health officials, and then the states, report to the CDC. 

Early indications: the vaccine will be annual requirement, like the "seasonal flu" vaccine. My hunch: the two vaccines will be combined into one concoction, just like the DPT vaccine, the MMR vaccine, and the dT vaccine which have been around for decades.

*********************************
Larry King Died Today

Covid-19. Age 87. Larry King.

Hank Aaron, age 86, died yesterday.

*********************************
Notes To The Family

Flat space: I'm also in a great mood because I've just re-organized the kitchen and have increased counter space by 37%. I love empty flat surfaces upon which to work and I now have that much more work area in the kitchen. It's awesome.

Soccer: our middle granddaughter plays club soccer (FC Dallas) and plays for her high school girls soccer team. She is one of only two freshmen that made the varsity team; both play club soccer. Her high school soccer team is having an incredible year. I seldom hear from the family how her team is doing unless I ask. But earlier this week, her team beat an intra-state rival, 9 - 0. She made one "beautiful" goal as her mom describes it and one assist. More importantly, they also defeated their cross-town rival. Whoo-hoo! Last night they won again (I was not told the score). This weekend they have a UIL (Texas high school) tournament. Perfect weather for the tournament it appears. Wow, I love the internet: it turns out this information is available on the internet also. I'm learning a lot: PF, PA, taxi players.

Reunion: the family is preparing for this summer's family reunion out at Flathead Lake. It appears we may actually come close to 100% participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment