Sunday, April 7, 2019

Catching Up On Graphics -- Nothing To See Here -- April 7, 2019

Ever since I began blogging about the Bakken I've been fascinated watching the the price of oil (whatever that means with 200+ varieties: WTI, Brent, OPEC basket, etc) and the various metrics that analysts use to track oil. Nothing seems to make sense. But that's fine. It's all fun.

Another metric: weekly US days of supply of crude oil.

I used to think that metric was important. Silly me.


US crude oil supply increasing. Price of crude oil climbing. Price of gasoline definitely climbing.

******************************
Catching Up

After posting that graphic above, I realized I had forgotten to post two graphics, both of which I used to religiously post weekly.

Natural gas fill rate, link here, and so the year begins again:


That graph always reminds me of this song:

Wheel, Jerry Jeff Walker
Gasoline demand, link here, one word: boring.


****************************
The TV Cartoon Page

Favorite television cartoon: "Bob's Burgers."

Sophia's parents will not allow her to watch it. But it's my favorite, and Sophia knows it. 

*******************************
Flashback: It Was Jeb's Race To Lose

July 22, 2015: this seems so long ago.

It's Not The Headline That's Surprising

There are three story lines with this story. The headline: Hillary losing ground in battleground states. That headline is interesting but not as surprising as "the rest of the story." This is what is surprising:
  • look at the spread head-to-head
  • this is not against a generic "Republican" but against specific names (each with a lot of baggage)
But most surprising:
  • it's being reported on ... CNN.

This is Jeb Bush's race to lose, and he will lose if Trump goes the Perot route.

*******************************

In the graphic above, does anyone even remember "Walker"? I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment