Thursday, October 30, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy -- October 30, 2014; Nominations For 2017 Audio CD Now Being Taken

Wow, I'm in a good mood. More later. I forgot. I have to update the IPs for the wells coming off confidential well today.

Okay, that's done.

************************
From A Reader

Here's another Bakken success story for you.
American Smoke Wagon in Watford a City started out in a food trailer along Hwy 85 south of Watford.  I heard their radio spot and had a sandwich a couple years ago.  Today I am picking up sandwiches for the crew in a nice modern restaurant across from the new Cashwise in Watford.  In 2011 when I came here this area was a big mudhole and now is nicely developed , and from all appearances is doing well.

American Smoke Wagon: Bill Nichols.
Food is superb.
************************
  
3Q14 grew at a solid 3.5%. I believe this is the first estimate. I believe there are at least two more revisions, over the next two months.

These countries are getting "killed" by low oil prices
Oil is selling for roughly $83 a barrel on the global market.
That's bad news for Iran, Nigeria, Venezuela, Russia, and Saudi Arabia, among others.
Iran's budget is built on oil at $135 dollars per barrel. 
Russia has oil budgeted at $100, while Saudi Arabia will break even at $95 per barrel. 
See my list here.

Same reader notes:
Forgot to mention that the Watford and Alexander bypasses are open and are just great. Makes an awesome drive now.  
[Memo to Google: update your satellite views of the Bakken.]

I drove on part of the bypasses that were complete back in August (or whenever it was I was last there); the roads are incredible; I can't believe how wide they are. I also can't believe how fast they got this completed. I don't recall public discussion about these bypasses even as recently as 2011 or 2012. I'm sure it was all there but I missed it, but in my mind, these huge bypasses were "done overnight."

*********************************

Funny how time changes everything (regular readers know where this is going). After the election when he can throw his base under the bus, the Obama administration is likely to delay EPA rules on electric utilities and CO2. The question is why would he do this? He's not up for election any more. 

Time Changes Everything, Bob Wills

**********************************
They Won't Build This Either -- Hillary, Barack, and Pocahantas

The Bismarck Tribune is reporting:
Watford City officials joined principals from Triton Real Estate Investments in a ground-breaking ceremony held Oct. 15 for a new 40,000- square-foot, four-story office and retail building located on Main Street in Watford City.
“We’re very excited about this,” said Jonathan Kalikow, one of the principals of Triton Real Estate Investments. “It’s our first office building in North Dakota. It’s our first, but definitely not our last.”
Estimated cost of the building is approximately $15.5 million. Triton currently has no tenants for the new building.
The rumor is that all building material will be delivered by trucks using roads built by the government and/or trains using rail placed on ground given to tycoons in the 19th century.

****************************
Audio CD Nominations, January 20, 2017

I'm starting to put together a commemorative audio CD for the outgoing president come January 20, 2017.  I'll choose the best 20.

Here's the first nomination.

Ray Price, For The Good Times

No comments:

Post a Comment