Thursday, November 8, 2012

On Tap For Friday: Wells Coming Off Confidential List

RBN Energy: continues the series on crude oil pricing at Cushing. This time -- the roll adjust mechanism that links the NYMEX CMA back to physical price timing and then the WTI Postings Plus (P-Plus) alternative mechanism used to price WTI at Cushing.

These are the Madson wells, in section 33-153-95, on a 3-well pad, in the Williston area, October, 2012, sent in by a reader, southeast of Williston in the Charlson field:
  • 22860, 1,471, XTO/Denbury Onshore, Madson 22-33SEH, Charlson, t10/12; cum 138K 8/14;
  • 22861, 1,594, Denbury Onshore, Madson 22-33SH, Charlson, t9/12; cum 133K 8/14;
  • 22862, conf, Denbury Onshore, Madson 11-33SWH, Charlson, t10/12; cum 138K 8/14;

Wells coming off the confidential list:
  • 10327, 431/25, Red River/Red River B, Encore/Total Petroleum, Olson 1-30, Horse Creek, for the Red River, t1/84 with cum of 212K now PNA; for the Red River B, t8/12; cum 14K 8/14;
  • 21487, 762, BR, Bartlett 11-16TFH, Murphy Creek, t9/12; cum 45K 9/14;
  • 22857, 358, CLR Willie 2-36AH (the "AH" designation has been discussed earlier); t8/12; cum 88K 8/14; 
Finally: rationing of gasoline in Sandy-hit area of NYC;
Earlier today it was reported that the gasoline crisis could last weeks. Human nature and hoarding. Hofmeister pointed that out several days ago (no link unfortunately; happened to catch part of an interview on CNBC; that must have been last week).

4 comments:

  1. who is Hofmeister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Former Shell Oil CEO John Hofmeister: described by some as pompous, opinionated. He is controversial. My worldview often tends to mirror his. Rare comments to the blog suggest that he is not well-liked by all (understatement). Right, wrong, or indifferent, I always enjoy listening to him. I'm sure he's a legend in his own mind. CNBC regularly consults him; I don't know if his relationship with CNBC is more formal.

      Delete
  2. That well outside of Williston will have a nice coating of 8 to 12 inches of snow by the end of the weekend. A winter storm warning for northwest and north central North Dakota. Montana will receive more. After those high plains winds get done with it there should be some impressive drifts.

    I agree with you about John Hofmister, he is also on Fox Business a lot. You can usually catch his interviews at the Fox web sight by clicking on the Fox Business tab then look for energy. He knows energy inside out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted your comment while on the iPad. I can't post comments from my iPad at this site for some reason. I generally try to acknowledge when I post a comment.

      I had forgotten about Fox Business. The only CNBC show I might catch is the early morning show, but, I have to admit, Sorkin is a typical east coast elitist and the #1 reason I won't watch the show. He has a way of ruining a good interview with CEOs who co-host.

      I usually turn on CNBC while getting ready to take the granddaughters to school, and as soon as Sorkin starts to get silly, I turn the TV off. The only snippet I saw this a.m.: Sandridge under pressure.

      Delete