April 25, 2017, T+94: executive order promoting agriculture and rural prosperity in America.
April 3, 2017, T+72: the US will end UN funding for the UN Population Fund. Trump reinstated the so-called Mexico City Policy that withholds US funding for international organizations that perform abortions or provide information about abortion.
March 28, 2017, T+66: executive order "unwinding" President Obama's climate change policies. Also at The Washington Post.
- to roll back most of Obama's climate-change legacy
- emphasis on coal mining
- takes aim at a suite of narrower but significant Obama-era climate and environmental policie
- includes lifting a short-term ban on new coal mining on public lands
Thursday, February 9, 2017, T+20: President Trump signs three more executive orders
- break up crime cartels
- task force on violence on blue
- another crime-related EO
- regulatory freeze; each new regulation requires removal of two existing regulations; cost analysis must be done -- new regulation cost must match cost of two existing regulations.
- five-year lobbying ban on administration officials
- reorganization of the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council
- 30-day deadline for military leaders to present plan to defeat ISIS
Thursday, January 26, 2017: none. He had said he would sign an EO on voter fraud, but late in the day it was reported he will "delay" signing that EO.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017: coming -- regarding the UN -- from The New York Times -- two executive orders coming --
- the first:
- "Auditing and Reducing US Funding of International Organizations"
- to terminate funding for any UN agency or international body that meets any one of several criteria
- any activity that gives full membership to the Palestinian Authority or Palestine Liberation Organization
- any activity that supports programs that fund abortion
- any activity that circumvents sanctions against Iran or North Kore
- any organization that "is controlled or substantially influenced by any state that sponsors terrorism
- any organization that is blamed for the persecution of marginalized groups or any other systematic violation of human rights
- to enact "at least a 40% overall decrease" in remaining US funding toward international organizations
- Comment: it sounds like the "40% overall decrease" is in addition to the 100% non-funding for activities as specifically outlined, but I could be wrong on that.
- the second:
- "Moratorium on New Multilateral Treaties"
- calls for a review of all current and pending treaties with more than one other nation
- asks for recommendations on which negotiations or treaties the US should leave
- see link for further detail, background
- construction of a "large physical barrier on the southern border"
- reinstate the Secure Communities Program, which Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) uses to "target illegal immigrants for removal"
- directs the State Department to withhold visas or take other measures to ensure countries take back deported undocumented immigrants
- strips federal grant money from sanctuary cities that harbor undocumented immigrants
Tuesday, January 24, 2017, announced, I haven't see the specifics yet, will affect:
- Keystone XL
- Pipelines in America: made in America
- streamlining permitting process for domestic manufacturing
- expediting environmental reviews/approvals for high-value infrastructure projects
- shut the door on negotiating Trans-Pacific Partnership
- re-negotiate NAFTA
- hiring freeze except for military
- "Mexico City" order -- to defund International Planned Parenthood
In the first hour of Trump's presidency, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development sent a letter to lenders, real estate brokers and closing agents suspending the 0.25 percentage point premium rate cut for Federal Housing Administration-backed loans.Much, much more at the link.]
Thursday, January 19, 2017: It begins this Friday, immediately following his inauguration. Just think, at least 60 US Democratic congressmen and senators are going to miss this historic event. Cupcakes. Snowflakes. The good news: more room for Trumpers to be there.