May 28, 2020: not sure whether it was an executive order or not but President Trump says the US will "quit" the WHO in light of the corona virus fiasco and the close ties between China and the WHO.
April 25, 2020: halts immigration during Wuhan flu with 30 million Americans out of work.
April 26, 2017, T+95: executive order regarding Federal government interfering with states' rights on education.
April 25, 2017, T+94: executive order promoting agriculture and rural prosperity in America.
April 3, 2017, T+72: the US will end UN funding for the UN Population Fund. Trump reinstated the so-called Mexico City Policy that withholds US funding for international organizations that perform abortions or provide information about abortion.
March 28, 2017, T+66: executive order "unwinding" President Obama's climate change policies. Also at The Washington Post.
- to roll back most of Obama's climate-change legacy
- emphasis on coal mining
- takes aim at a suite of narrower but significant Obama-era climate and environmental policie
- includes lifting a short-term ban on new coal mining on public lands
Thursday, February 9, 2017, T+20: President Trump signs three more executive orders
- break up crime cartels
- task force on violence on blue
- another crime-related EO
- regulatory freeze; each new regulation requires removal of two existing regulations; cost analysis must be done -- new regulation cost must match cost of two existing regulations.
- five-year lobbying ban on administration officials
- reorganization of the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council
- 30-day deadline for military leaders to present plan to defeat ISIS
Thursday, January 26, 2017: none. He had said he would sign an EO on voter fraud, but late in the day it was reported he will "delay" signing that EO.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017: coming -- regarding the UN -- from The New York Times -- two executive orders coming --
- the first:
- "Auditing and Reducing US Funding of International Organizations"
- to terminate funding for any UN agency or international body that meets any one of several criteria
- any activity that gives full membership to the Palestinian Authority or Palestine Liberation Organization
- any activity that supports programs that fund abortion
- any activity that circumvents sanctions against Iran or North Kore
- any organization that "is controlled or substantially influenced by any state that sponsors terrorism
- any organization that is blamed for the persecution of marginalized groups or any other systematic violation of human rights
- to enact "at least a 40% overall decrease" in remaining US funding toward international organizations
- Comment: it sounds like the "40% overall decrease" is in addition to the 100% non-funding for activities as specifically outlined, but I could be wrong on that.
- the second:
- "Moratorium on New Multilateral Treaties"
- calls for a review of all current and pending treaties with more than one other nation
- asks for recommendations on which negotiations or treaties the US should leave
- see link for further detail, background
- construction of a "large physical barrier on the southern border"
- reinstate the Secure Communities Program, which Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) uses to "target illegal immigrants for removal"
- directs the State Department to withhold visas or take other measures to ensure countries take back deported undocumented immigrants
- strips federal grant money from sanctuary cities that harbor undocumented immigrants
Tuesday, January 24, 2017, announced, I haven't see the specifics yet, will affect:
- Keystone XL
- Pipelines in America: made in America
- streamlining permitting process for domestic manufacturing
- expediting environmental reviews/approvals for high-value infrastructure projects
- shut the door on negotiating Trans-Pacific Partnership
- re-negotiate NAFTA
- hiring freeze except for military
- "Mexico City" order -- to defund International Planned Parenthood
In the first hour of Trump's presidency, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development sent a letter to lenders, real estate brokers and closing agents suspending the 0.25 percentage point premium rate cut for Federal Housing Administration-backed loans.Much, much more at the link.]
Thursday, January 19, 2017: It begins this Friday, immediately following his inauguration. Just think, at least 60 US Democratic congressmen and senators are going to miss this historic event. Cupcakes. Snowflakes. The good news: more room for Trumpers to be there.