Monday, February 9, 2015

FBI Seems To Be Interested In Anti-Keystone XL Activists -- National Post -- February 9, 2015

This is an incredibly interesting article sent to me by a reader.

A long time ago -- long-time readers might remember -- I posted several stories on mega-load protests (I even have a tag on megaloads).

The National Post is reporting that the FBI seems to be interested in anti-Keystone XL activists:
But activists say oilsands opposition appears to be the common thread among people being contacted [by the FBI]. Police have been in touch with people from different groups, who in some cases don’t agree on much, but one thing they share is mutual participation in the so-called megaload protests.
Those are the intermittent highway blockades set up the last few years to complicate the enormous, football-field-sized shipments of processing equipment up to the oilsands.
Yost said only two people from her group participated in that anti-oilsands action — and those are the people who’ve been contacted by the FBI. She has refused to co-operate.
The other person, Herb Goodwin, was visited at home by an FBI agent and a veteran detective from the local police force in Bellingham, Wash. He said the federal agent told him: “We’re here to ask whether you’ll answer some questions for us about Deep Green Resistance.”
That group, DGR, calls itself a radical environmental movement that believes the biggest problem with the planet is human civilization itself. It proposes a shift back from agriculture to a hunter-gatherer horticultural lifestyle.
I think it's pretty easy to see what the FBI is interested in, but I will keep my thoughts to myself.  I don't think it has anything to do with the Keystone XL per se.

*******************************
Not What It Seems

I had not seen the 2011 movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy until last night (DVD). Tonight I watched it again with the commentary "on." Wow, what an incredible movie. The final "montage" is ... I have no words to describe it. See also this review.

***********************************


La Mer , Julio Iglesias

No comments:

Post a Comment