Friday, September 16, 2022

FedEx And Wise Gals -- September 16, 2022

But if you have a 40-year horizon, does it matter?

In a sidebar to a reader:

When the market gets this crazy, I don't follow it very closely but via Twitter I see that FedEx plunged, maybe 25%.

The CEO blames the global economy.

One needs to ask whether USPS, UPS, DHL, Amazon are "eating FedEx' lunch"?

For shipping small packages, FedEx is incredibly expensive. When it positively, absolutely has to get there overnight, this is no longer much of a slogan when Amazon delivers in two hours.

The other problem with FedEx -- a one-trick pony? Amazon probably makes more money off services, streaming, and the cloud (AWS) than it makes on selling books.

I don't invest in FedEx. 

But if I did, I would have had 1,000 shares of FedEx yesterday.

And I would still have 1,000 shares of FedEx today.

And Sophia is going to inherit 1,000 shares. 

Doesn't bother me a bit. 

*************************
Speaking Of Amazon

Published September 13, 2022 (or maybe September 15, 2022, I forget).

Ordered September 15, 2022.

Arrived today.

No comments:

Post a Comment