Later, 2:17 p.m. Central Time: sources -- Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State. See first note under "original post" below. Amazing.
- former CEO of Exxon Mobil, Rex Tillerson, being considered for SecState
- Saudi Arabia in "panic mode" over price of oil
- NATO members not paying their fair share -- a Trump concern
- the number of military conflicts in modern history fought over oil
- are these the top three reasons why countries go to war: ideology (religion); oil; water?
- does the SecState have two mandates? trade, peace?
- The Prize, Daniel Yergin
By the way, on December 1, 2016, I posted:
Something tells me the news cycle with Trump will be 24/7. None of this "9-to-5" stuff with a news dump Friday afternoon after normal business hours, and then three days of golf where the press pool is hanging out at the burger bar, and no one sees the president for 72 hours. The tea leaves suggest this is going to be a very, very exciting, unconventional four years. Once he hits his stride, Trump will set the narrative. [From a reader: "He already has (set the narrative).]The Rex Tillerson "announcement" on Saturday afternoon is a great example. Trump is clearly involved / working / breathing the presidency 24/7. None of this golfing on the weekend with the press pool hanging out at the burger bar. He tweeted several tweets overnight, by the way. His overnight tweets and his weekend announcements will keep the media hopping.
Fiat Chrysler to reveal a fully electric vehicle based on the Chrysler Pacifica minivan at CES in Las Vegas.This is pretty cool I thought I had posted a note on this earlier, but perhaps I did not. I saw a photograph of this new EV a week or so ago (in the WSJ?) and said to myself -- that looks just like a Pacifica.
And there it is: "... based on the Chrysler Pacifica minivan...." although I thought the Pacific was more of a crossover than a minivan, per se.
Speaking Of Fake Stories
"Fake stories" is the "new" narrative -- MSNBC spending a lot of time on the issue.
Rush reminds us:
- Hillary Clinton and President Obama: the Benghazi video (wow) -- that was clearly fake news
- Brian Williams, NBC News: poster child for fake news; now on MSNBC telling us that fake news played a role in this election
- MSNBC announces Fox News held Christmas Party at Trump Tower; the problem -- Fox News has not held its Christmas Party yet this year; and it won't be held at Trump Tower