February 12, 2015: Some folks have noted the "huge" Whiting wells in Moccasin Creek, Dunn County. See comments. Yes, these are huge wells; I was hoping folks would notice. It will be interesting to compare long-term production of these Whiting wells compared with KOG wells (yes, these were originally KOG permits/wells bought by Whiting). Whiting announced enhanced fracking / completions in the future some time ago. When they post the fracking data, I will post some examples (if I remember).
Hints that Blackrock thinks that "Big Oil" has bottomed. Link here. Note the wording. See disclaimer.
Well name changes perhaps due to slump in oil prices:
- CLR is now targeting the middle Bakken with two Cuskelly wells (#29708, #29710); they were targeting the second bench and the first bench of the Three Forks, respectively.
- Operators: MRO (4), HRC (2), Petro-Hunt
- Fields: Reunion Bay (Mountrail), McGregory Buttes (Dunn), Charlson (McKenzie)
- 25587, 3,465, Whiting, Moccasin Creek 14-33-28-4H, Moccasin, t1/15; cum --
- 25588, 2,750, Whiting, Moccasin Creek 14-33-28-4H3, Moccasin, t1/15; cum --
- 27360, 1,114, Emerald, Slugger 7-16-21H, Charbonneau, t12/14; cum 10K 12/14;
- 28301, 1,735, XTO, Omlid 41X-13G, Siverston, t1/15; cum --