Sunday, May 4, 2014

Traveling; Minimal Blogging; Goodnight, Moon

I am on the road again. I will be traveling through the night.

When I travel by car I have no access to wi-fi until I stop at a) McDonald's or b) Starbucks. I won't start finding Starbucks until Tuesday, and no McDonald's until late Monday afternoon.

I may have a short stop at a truck stop early tomorrow (Monday) morning but it will be a short stop and not much time for much blogging.

When I am off the net it also affects replies to e-mail, moderating comments to the blog, and comments sent to the Discussion Group. I take e-mail and comments very seriously so it always bothers me when I can't reply "immediately."

I generally answer every e-mail.

When "push comes to shove" and I have to prioritize what I post, the most important thing to get posted is the summary of the daily activity report from the NDIC, and the list of wells that will be coming off the confidential list the next day.

Hopefully I will be caught up by the end of the week. I assume every post has typographical errors; I correct them when I find them or someone alerts me to them. Don't bother alerting me to simple typographical errors that don't affect the substance of the post. 

For newbies: when I have plenty of time to post, I generally post 5 - 10 stand-alone posts every day, and I generally update many more previous posts. Be sure to scroll down to read the new stand-alone posts.

I take the Bakken very seriously. Everything else is for entertainment only. This is not an investment site but I learned soon after starting the blog that following the money helps me understand the Bakken. If you send me something to post and want credit for it, let me know. I generally post "stuff" sent to me anonymously, using common first names only, if I use names at all. I assume anything sent to me can be posted, so if you don't want it posted be sure to tell me. Having said that, I am very, very cautious about maintaining anonymity for anyone sending me anything.

I have no hidden agendas. I don't engage in private discussions or offer opinions outside the blog (there have been exceptions, and there will continue to be exceptions, but they are rare).  I own no mineral rights and am not directly benefiting financially from the blog. I do invest in equities and the blog has helped me with managing my portfolio. A very small portion of my portfolio (less than 2%?) is invested in the Bakken. My carbon footprint is significantly maller than Algore's. My apartment is, if I recall correctly, 761 square feet. No garage. But during hail season, I rent a carport.

Good luck to all. Goodnight, moon.

*********************************

Goodnight, Moon, Shivaree

No comments:

Post a Comment