Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday, Monday -- December 15, 2014

Nigeria's two main oil workers' unions said they would launch an indefinite strike on Monday, threatening to hurt the output of Africa's largest oil producer.
Nigeria looks to be the first OPEC nation to zero out its oil exports to the US, having gone from 6 million bbls of oil / month to less than 2 million bbls of oil / month in less than six months.

Meanwhile Libya's "civil war" continues.

**************************
Major Nominees For The Gold Globe Awards

Those that caught my attention:
  • House of Cards: television series/drama; actor Kevin Spacey; actress Robin Wright
  • The Imitation Game: movie drama, actor Benedict Cumberbatch
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel: movie musical or comedy; actor Ralph Fiennes, director Wes Anderson,
  • St Vincent: movie actor Bill Murray,
  • Veep: television actor Julia Lewis-Dreyfus
  • Fargo: television movie
I can take or leave Julia Lewis-Dreyfus and I've never watched her sitcom Veep. But having seen her in Curb Your Enthusiasm she comes across as a "team player," feisty, and non-judgmental. I am happy for her.

I get the biggest kick out of The Grand Budapest Hotel being nominated (in three major categories). It's one of my favorite movies; I can watch it over and over again in the same weekend. My wife does not like it all.

***************************
1969

I opine elsewhere that 1969 was the best year ever for music --1969, plus/minus 6 months-- starting late 1968 and ending early 1970.

I devote an entire blog to the music of 1969. Do not open that site; it will probably crash your computer; just too much posted at that site.

I mention all this because I've in my "midnight fugue mode" and stumbled across this Linda Ronstadt video from, of all things, 1969.

The Only Daddy That Will Walk The Line, Linda Ronstad

No comments:

Post a Comment