Monday, December 16, 2019

Fox - CNBC -- December 16, 2019

From a Montana reader:
I haven't been reading you as much lately due to things slowing down in the Bakken. We have some family mineral rights in the very south end of McKenzie County---- Whiting was going to drill during the big rush in the Bakken, then backed off at the last minute.

Someone that knows a lot more of the geology in the area than I do said that we are right in the "Bakken pinch out."

I joke to my siblings that if our grandparents had just kept going another 25 miles or so north when they got off the freight car at Beach, we would all be in the chips--hah.

What prompted me to write is your comment about CNBC. I am such a loyalist going back to the 90's with the great Mark Haines, and when David Faber and Joe Kernen were his young side-kicks. It was such a great program then, and I never missed a morning.

But over the years, as you allude, it has just got more p.c. and basically crummier---- Andrew Ross Sorkin seems to only know what has been printed by the New York Times--- I get tired of listening to it.

Joe Kernen is the only good reason to listen these days but he is increasingly a lonely voice---- imagine a capitalist on a business channel!!

I always enjoyed Maria Bartiromo when she was at CNBC and finally early this fall I started listening more frequently, and now I have become a devoted fan. Maria is very sharp, an unapologetic capitalist as well as one of the few national journalists who has seen through all the flim-flammery of the Russian collusion and now the Ukrainian b.s. Plus, pleasant to watch.

I just wanted to invite you to join me at Fox Business News and bid farewell to CNBC---- once great but not any more.
My reply:

Wow, what a great note.  My comments:
I agree: along with other readers who have written me, we all remember Mark Haines very, very fondly. I think most of us remember the day we heard he had passed away unexpectedly. A really, really sad day.

I watched Fox Business News quite a bit some years ago but I tired of Stuart Varney -- he was too treacly, if that's the right word, when it came to his feelings about free market US capitalism.

I also do not care for Cavuto so much any more. Early on I did, but I tired of him.

But upon your advice and invite, I have spent the last couple of days spending some hours with Fox Business News. I am quite impressed. Much livelier than CNBC. I agree: Andrew Ross Sorkin and The New York Times are joined at the hips. LOL.

I've also bookmarked Fox Business News on the internet and will follow that more closely that CNBC.

Thank you for the invitation and the review of Fox Business News

No comments:

Post a Comment