Friday, August 30, 2019

Perry Mason -- August 30, 2019

I'm heading to bed.

I have now watched the seventeenth episode of season 1 of "Perry Mason." It is, by far, my favorite episode so far.

A quick google search: so far, this episode is not singled out as one of the best. It is. One of the best.

Later: someone who says he/she has never seen "Perry Mason" asked whether it was better to start from the beginning and view them sequentially, or watch them without paying attention to that.

In the big scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but the fact that the complete series is now available, I would think viewing them sequentially makes the most sense.

Episode 17 was my favorite so far because it showed a more human side of several of the characters.

Compared to "modern" law and order / detective shows, "Perry Mason" is probably least rigorous. There appear to be lots of inconsistencies, and open ends by the end of the show. 

2 comments:

  1. Perry Mason was, and still is, one of my Dads favorite shows. Typical of the time/genre some episodes were quite compelling and in others things were too easily wrapped up at the last minute.
    Still probably the best courtroom drama of its era

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'm still enjoying it -- one episode every night.

      Delete