Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"Awful" -- May 1, 2018

I was surprised to see the numbers so soon; the numbers usually start showing up two or three days into the new month, but here they are:


Some are suggesting the Tesla Model 3 numbers are "awful."

My understanding is that April is one of the worse months for auto sales, but that is not true for Tesla. These cars were ordered months -- sometimes years -- in advance, and this has nothing to do with "sales in April." This has to do with deliveries and production in the preceding month.

Because April is the worst month for auto sales, we can ignore the numbers for the other manufacturers and wait until next month's number. But for Tesla -- nope -- it's all about production and deliveries. These cars have been ordered months (and sometimes, years) ago.

And when one understands that, yes, these are awful numbers -- for all three Model 3; Model S; and, Model X.

I think the numbers are awful, but others may have a different opinion.

We'll know more tomorrow when 1Q18 earnings are reported.

Good luck to all.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. If this is important to you, go to the source.

Disclaimer: I make a lot of simple arithmetic errors. I often see things that do not exist; I read quickly and miss important points. Sometimes it takes me days (maybe even weeks) to see where I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment