Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness: Fertile 37-07

Updates

May 13, 2013:
  • 22091, 537, EOG, Fertile 51-0410H, Parshall, t11/12; cum 88K 3/13;
Original Post

Fertile 37-07 is in the most prolific oil field in the current boom, the Parshall field. It is in Fertile Township, section 7-T151N-R90W, just a mile from another very prolific field, the Van Hook.

I mention this, not because I know anything special about Fertile 37-07, but because the question of its location piqued my interest to revisit this township.

I provided an update to the Parshall oil field not too long ago, but I was blown away by what is going on there at this very moment. To summarize: in this township of 36 sections, there are --
Two (2) drilling rigs on site;
Another six (6) wells being drilled;
Twelve (12) wells producing;
Three (3) wells on the confidential list; and,
Seven (7) additional sections with permits yet to be acted upon.
This is clearly one of the more active townships right now. What surprised me most is all the "green" circles on the GIS Map Server -- I can't recall this many wells being drilled at one time in such close proximity in a long time. I assume they are all EOG wells. The drillers can now drill a well in less than 25 days; the completion may take longer to wait for fracking.

I opined sometime ago that activity inside the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation was two years behind that of the rest of the Parshall and Sanish due to bureaucratic red tape, and that we would see FBIR "catch up" in 2010. It's only March and "we" are well on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment