For Investors Only
Dow hits record. Again. I think the Dow has "gone up" eight days in the past nine. "Climbing the wall of worry." WTI oil down over 1% and now under $75.
This is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. Make no travel plans based on what you read here. I post quickly and frequently; typographical and factual errors are likely. If this information is important to you, go to the source.
UNP is up slightly, but probably won't hit a new high.
What about that HAL-BHI hook-up? BHI is down slightly, at at $65 is well below the $78 HAL is offering to pay. Speaks volumes.
SRE is also up slightly, but has a few bucks to go before hitting a new high. Natural gas is down 14 cents (at Bloomberg) but still above $4.00.
The railroad and energy company BRK-B is up almost a buck and flirting with new highs. In February, 2010, Warren Buffett's purchase of Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad was approved by stockholders. It's interesting to look at the BRK-B graph for the past five years.
A long list of companies trading at new highs: AET, CAH, ETP, EW, MMM, WMT. None of which I have ever invested in. Except one. Maybe two.
How Important Was The Keystone To Ms Landieu?
She did not speak up at 70% of energy hearings ... just saying...
We might see a vote tonight...
Global Warming 2014 - 2015
The unnamed 2014 autumn polar vortex: the headlines started appearing November 11, 2014:
- Minnesota shatters snow record from 1898 -- predicted by warmists -- global warming will result in more snow
- Arctic blasts pummels USA -- unexplained; stuff happens
- Only six (6) states not expecting snow in coming week (and one of them may be Hawaii)
- Winter still a month away
- Twelve (12) years since Dallas has had two consecutive days so cold
- Wyoming wind chill warning: 35 below
- Central Ontario snowfall could reach 20 inches
- Cold to freeze East
- Shattering snowfall records in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan -- predicted by warmists -- global warming will result in more snow
- All 50 states brace for freezing temperatures -- November 13, 2014
- Cold freeze moves east -- November 13, 2014
- Denver cold shatters two records, including low temp record set in 1882 -- November 13, 2014
- Coldest November in decades -- November 14, 2014
- Michigan town receives one month's snow -- in one day --November 14, 2014
- Storm dumps four (4) feet of snow on Wisconsin town -- November 14, 2014
- Ice on Lake Superior -- almost a month early -- November 16, 2014
- Harsh cold to set records in south, freeze northeast -- November 16, 2014
- Snow on the ground in DFW area; 27 degrees -- November 17, 2014
- 50% of nation covered in snow -- November 17, 2014 (this was on ABC Nightly News, also)
- Most snow this early in a decade -- November 17, 2014
- Four (4) feet of snow expected in upstate New York -- November 17, 2014
- Record cold in Boise, Idaha, Monday morning, possibly again Tuesday -- November 17, 2014
- Deep freeze blankets USA -- November 18, 2014
- Coldest November morning since 1976 -- November 18, 2014
- 1,360 records shattered in one week -- November 18, 2014
- "Global warming" activists huddle together together in Capitol -- November 18, 2014
- I-90 closed in Buffalo, NY; snow -- November 18, 2014
- Buffalo, upper NY state gets slammed -- November 18, 2014
- 74 inches of snow predicted overnight in Buffalo, NY -- November 18, 2014
- Cuoma deploys organized militia (National Guard) -- November 18, 2014
Lookin' Out My Back Door