Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 34: August 20 -- 26, 2011

EPA ready to shut down one-fifth of nation's coal capacity. Stories I can't make up.

Japan switching to costly fossil fuel.

Nabors man-camp to be increased by 150; now up to 450.

Economic impact of Minnesota's renewable energy mandate.

North Dakota high school students #2 in nation on ACT; "all" ND students take the ACT.

Williston city budget to rise dramatically.

200 active drilling rigs.

Federal govenment to okay killing of whooping cranes.

North Dakota is the new Texas.

The Bakken: 1,000 undrilled permits and 250 permits in queue to be approved.

Continental Resources Drilling Deeper into the Three Forks.

Halliburton to hire 11,000 more North American workers.

CNBC reporting from the Bakken, August 24, 2011.

Historic first: crude oil from the midwest being shipped out of the Tulsa, OK, port.

Greenhouse gas emissions from natural gas significantly lower than those emissions from coal.

Marcellus reserve estimates raised significantly.

Spanish-language training for Hispanic gardeners in Nevada. Stories I can't make up.

Record number of new permits in one day, 18; August 22, 2011.

Chili's Restaurant might open in Williston.

5 comments:

  1. Multiple links are directing us to the whooping crane story inadvertently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, it's the 2 stories below the whooping crane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct. Thank you for pointing that out.

    What a mess. I think I've corrected them, but let me know if you find any more errors.

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fix, Bruce. I like your blog and appreciate the effort it must take to manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome; it's one of my least favorite activities, updating top stories.

    I have a lousy wi-fi connection tonight; so not posting as much as I would like.

    With regard to the links above: wow, I really messed them up. I was angry about the wind turbine story, but NOT that angry. I really apologize.

    I can only imagine all the folks that thought I was really crazy (and most were probably correct). Smile.

    Thank you for letting me know the links were messed up.

    ReplyDelete