Sunday, June 1, 2014

Peak Oil Theory Re-Visited

From another "blogger," trends in oil production from the various states (including Alaska), the Gulf of Mexico, and the entire US.

Note this observation for the Gulf of Mexico at the link:
The Gulf of Mexico is going nowhere fast. They are continually drilling new wells in new fields. However the deep water wells have such a very high decline rate that they are just staying even. The EIA is counting on the GOM pumping 2 million barrels per day by 2016 to get them to 9.6 million barrels per day. That is not going to happen. They will be lucky to get to 1.5 bpd. In fact they will be lucky just to hold off decline.
Note the bias with regard to "peak oil theory."

*****************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

I can remember the exact spot -- within a couple of miles -- where I was the night I heard that Lou Reed had died. I was coming home from the Bakken, back to Dallas, one of my many cross-country trips. It was coming on 10:30 p.m. and I was coming into Oklahoma City. I was fortunate enough, going through the radio stations, to have stumbled across an hour-long, or whatever it was, retrospective on/of Lou Reed. "Pale Blue Eyes" is one of my favorites by Lou Reed, and, then to have found Emmy Lou Harris doing a cover -- quite incredible.

Pale Blue Eyes, Emmy Lou Harris and Sheryl Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment