Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Notes From All Over -- Early Morning Edition -- May 26, 2020

Re-posting: the other day I posted a lengthy note from a reader regarding a "loner" well that is taken off line -- how does that affect the lease? Here is the link. A new response -- regarding a different issue -- does a Madison well hold a Bakken well "lease"? A reader provides the answer at that same link.

Focus on fracking: posted a couple of nights ago, but I delayed posting due to decreased readership over Memorial Day weekend.  
  • well completions fell 34% in April
  • Saudi's biggest nightmare: US shale with almost a year's worth of DUC backlog
  • by the way, I've mentioned that numerous times with regard to the Bakken: the number of inactive wells and DUCs easily exceeds a year's worth of drilling; in fact, at around 900 DUCs, the Bakken has more DUCs than wells that will be completed this year
Bitcoin and oil: interesting observation. Consider the source.

Round-up:
  • Watts Up With That? Link here.
  • Not A Lot Of People Know That. Link here.
  • Real Climate Science. Link here.
  • Zero Hedge. Permanently banned at Twiiter, but not here. Link here. (For the life of me, I don't understand why Twitter would ban Zero Hedge. Twitter must be afraid of something.)
  • Michigan governor: strictest lockdown in the country; it turns out her husband missed the memo; used political position to push request;
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, career, travel, job, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.


Apple hits a new buy point. Link here.

******************************
A Sophia Story

After all the recent rains, there has been a huge return of mallard ducks in the area, and as everyone knows, they always show up in pairs.

On the way to school this morning I pointed out a pair of mallard ducks to Sophia. She loved seeing another pair, but then asked, what are mallard ducks?

I talked about mallard ducks for a bit, explaining the difference in their coloring that makes them so distinctive. The following is almost verbatim.

She then asked, "Oh, tell me again, is female the daddy?"

I told her "female was the mommy, and..." and so on and so on.

She replied: "Oh, that's right, I knew that. But that was before corona. I've forgotten everything. I will have to learn it all again when Ms Simone comes back."

Ms Simone is her teacher at Tutor Time who has taught her everything. I'm simply the Uber-driver.

LOL.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone. There were many times in raising my kids, I felt I was "just the driver"
    Whats amazing now is, when we get together, in their adulthood, the stories they tell of those times, as seen through their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a great story there. I will post it on the blog. A personal observation about the Wuhan flu lock down, if I don't forget.

      Delete