Sunday, November 2, 2014

Interactive Map To Track Permits And Wells In Canada; Rig Locations In Western Canada

I dropped the ball.

Some time ago "anon 1" sent me a link for tracking permits and wells in Canada; I mentioned that I would post the link at my "Data Links" page. I must have forgotten; if it's there, I didn't see it.

The link is now there. A link to a website that tracks permits and wells north of the border. It's called GeoActivity Maps and is now linked in various locations on my "Data Links" page.

In addition, the reader provided me with a link that shows rig locations in western Canada.

A big apology to all involved, saying that I would post the links and then forgot.  A huge "thank you" to a reader for catching this. The reader was using Google analytics when he noticed a spike in visits to the MillionDollarWay when "anon 1" posted the Canadian link.

Note: see first comment for another related link:

2 comments:

  1. http://www.infomaps.gov.sk.ca/website/SIR_Oil_And_Gas_Wells/viewer.htm

    Maybe you've seen this one Bruce? I've found it to be fairly accurate. It will show you well vectors of licensed wells yet to be drilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not seen that; very cool. I just tried it out. It looks like the the "viewer" is very similar to the one used by the NDIC. I will put the link in the main body of the blog for easier access. Thank you.

      Delete