Thursday, July 19, 2012

The BR Llano Well -- IP Reported Was An Error

A cut and paste from another post:

Only three wells were completed or reported an IP, including a 6,800-bbl-IP reported by BR. We will see if this is correct. [Update: not correct.]
  • 20637, 6,800, 1,980, BR, Llano 34-34H, Charlson, t6/12; cum 249K 6/17;
********************

With regard to BR's Llano well noted above, one of the best wells ever is only five miles northeast of the Llano well. The following well is in the same field and the same township as the Llano well:
  • 16059, 729, Petro-Hunt, USA 2D-3-1H, Charlson field, s6/06; cum 1.63 million 6/17; still producing 5,000 bbls/month (6/17); this Bakken well continues to produce 9,000 bbls a month (5/12; and has no pump on it; it is also a short lateral; a sundry form states "NO" under "type of frac." Update: it now has a pump.
Folks are talking about this well over here (link broken) Be sure to read the first two comments at this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting love your blog and especially when it hits so close to home I am a driller on an h and p rig and we are drilling for denbury in the charlson field right now. About 3 weeks ago we completed the second well of a 2 hole pad (grimstad wells) and although I do not know much about the production side while drilling both showed signs that they would be good producing wells I cant wait to find out on your blog what they produce when they get completed. We are now rigged up on a 3 hole pad a mile north of that location still in the charlson field

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled to hear from you. You have no idea how often I think of you folks on the rigs, 24/7. I like to think that each one of you all take a huge amount of pride in the wells you drill and hope they are all great wells.

      I have a special spot in my heart for the Charlson. I think it was one of the first fields I blogged about when I first started blogging back in 2008 or thereabouts (I deleted that first blog entirely one night in a fit of madness). [I first updated the Charlson field back in February, 2010.) The current blog goes back to late 2009, I think. Regardless, I lost some great early posts, but haven't missed much since (though I make a fair number of mistakes that folks help correct).

      Have a great rest of the summer. Autumns in North Dakota are pretty nice (if it wasn't for the mosquitoes) and winters....well, you know...

      Thank you for taking time to comment...

      Oh, by the way, one of my closest Bakken friends is always writing me about how great Denbury is...he will enjoy seeing your comment.

      Delete