Thursday, September 8, 2022

Sophia And I Will Go Out For Sushi This Weekend -- September 8, 2022

I think it was in the last twenty-four, maybe thirty-six, hours that a reader wrote me with regard to the California heat wave and grid. I noted in passing that "someone" was going to be spending a lot of money buying electricity. 

Now, at 3:18 a.m., I get an alert that SRE has declared its next quarterly dividend in line with previous. I was curious when SRE last raised its dividend. 

I almost missed it but in the process of looking for SRE's dividend history, I happened to see the closing price of SRE today. I about fell off my chair. Are you kidding me? I looked for any news but there wasn't any except the aforementioned record electricity demand.

SRE jumped $5.66 / share today; up 3.37%, closed at $173.49. It's 52-week high was probably set today at $173.70.

Utilities aren't supposed to do this. LOL. 


I've always considered SRE a $124-share stock. 

I guess I can take Sophia out for sushi after all this weekend. I just told her I couldn't afford sushi any more. She said just pay for it on my credit card. Seriously, she thought that once you "bought" a credit card, it was all paid for. Wow. 

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. Full disclaimer at tabbed link.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment