Thursday, March 31, 2022

Idle Rambling -- Day Zero: The Biden Surge -- March 31, 2022

Earlier I said that I would explain later my thoughts regarding Nancy Pelosi and the Biden Surge, why I, as an investor see the Biden Surge as bullish. Well, it turns out I don't have to: a contributor over at ZeroHedge has done an incredible job.

In the near term, expect the price of oil to drop, the sweet spot being $90 - $100 but then to move higher. These buying opportunities don't come around often.

It will be fascinating to watch the price of oil. I never really thought the problem was a lack of oil but having said that, it seems that flooding the US market with oil is going to have a lot of folks saying, "please, no more oil. We don't need it." And prices dropping much farther and faster than we thought likely. Again, I don't know. Are we sailing uncharted seas?

Beyond The Sea, Bobby Darin

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here

This data has been out for awhile -- US January crude oil production -- but either I was unaware or had forgotten: US oil production fell to its lowest since September, 2021. Source. This particular report was issued today, March 31, 2022. I assume the White House had this data for a few days and may have been the tipping point for the administration -- frustrated with "lack" of US oil production. One wonders.

I didn't pay much attention to the market today; it was looking fairly good earlier in the day, but now I see it had a particularly remarkable sell-off. Last day of the quarter; funds locking in whatever profits they might have. I don't know. Just a thought. Certainly, cheap oil should have been good for the market (other than the oils).

Right now, futures look good for tomorrow.

Oh, back to flooding the market with one million bopd. I wonder what the Saudis think of this? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment