Ketchup: again a "shortage" is being reported. Not sure if it's a ketchup shortage or a plastic, individual-container shortage. Link here at The WSJ. Solution? Carry your own Ketchup and/or your own Tabasco sauce. I had my own Tabasco-camouflaged belt holder while in the USAF.
US Steel: 7% jump today.
MNRL: on a tear, up another 3.6% today; now trading over $16.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
Great Britain's dependence on imported oil: there's a big story line here -- I've alluded to it over the past several years ... from Financial Times ...
- up 5.25%; up over $3/bbl; trading at $63.34.
- oil hits highest since mid-March on strong demand outlook.
Permian Basin: poised for a production boom.
Road to Texas renewable energy: another round of power shortages grips Texas.
- moving more part-time workers to full-time workers
- Walmart's goal: two-thirds of workforce to be full-time workers;
- WMT down slightly today; trading at $139/share;
Gasoline demand: for the first time since the pandemic began, Americans are driving more than they did in 2019 on interstate highways. Vehicle miles driven on interstate highways were up 1% on the week ending April 11, 2021, vs same 2019 week.
Gasoline demand, link here:
Back to the Bakken
No new permits.
Seven permits renewed:
- Sinclair: six Lizzie Rae permits in McKenzie County, and one Crosby Creek permit in Dunn County.
Two producing wells (DUCs) reported as completed:
- 36251, loc/A, Slawson, Osprey Federal 5-26-29TFH, Big Bend, no production data,
- 36252, loc/A, Slawson, Osprey Federal 2-26-29H, Big Bend, no production data,