Monday, November 9, 2020

Not Interested In Blogging Tonight -- Maybe Tomorrow -- November 9, 2020

I am absolutely not interested in blogging tonight.

I turned off "the football game" and am back to watching Todd Snider's celebration of a life, Jerry Jeff Walker.  I think it lasts a couple of hours.

If you came here looking for the Bakken, scroll down or check out the sidebar at the right. 

Random comments.

"The football game" tonight. I used to live for Monday Night Football. Tonight: a "2-5" team (two wins and five losses ) is playing a "0-8" team (no typo: zero wins, eight losses). Seriously? A "2-5" team playing a "0-8" team — MNF?

Market: the Dow was up a thousand points today -- rounding, of course. I haven't looked at the market in weeks (months?) and I haven't followed any news for similar length of time. I would not have known about the massive move had a reader not sent me a note. Wow. I don't have a dog in that fight any more: I don't follow the market and I'm not watching the news. The reader said it was due to good news, Pfizer and "the vaccine." In fact, I listened to that report while driving from Tucson, AZ, to Dallas, TX, yesterday. Excuse me but that was the most bland report I've ever heard. Much could be said, but it wasn't the "vaccine" news (actually non-news) that drove the market. I don't have a dog in this fight any more, but there's more to this than the Pfizer report. If my hunch is correct, we will see another 2,000 points on the upside in the Dow over the next couple of months.  


Wow, I'm glad I remain fully invested. I added to my positions last week when I had new cash to invest.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

Personal timeline:

  • Thursday night, last: departed Dallas, TX, area at 7:30 p.m. (1930 hours) and drove to Tucson overnight to attend a wedding. I arrived at the Tucson International Airport at 2:00 p.m. Friday, local time. I gained an hour on the trip west. Google maps says it's 953 miles from DFW to TUS. And that's almost exactly what my odometer show. 953 miles Thursday night/Friday morning.
  • Friday night: I had one beer. No liquor. Mostly had a great time talking to the new in-laws. One of my nieces (father: Mexico; mother, my sister -- European) marrying into a Mexican family. What incredible stories. The bridegroom was one of four siblings. All four are either naturalized or in the process of becoming naturalized citizens. Quick: who was the US president during WWI? That was one of the questions the bridegroom was asked during his oral naturalization test earlier in the week. He knew the answer. 
  • Saturday, the wedding. More on that later, perhaps. Nothing to drink except a thimbleful of Maker's Mark.
  • Sunday: departed Tucson at 2:00 p.m. (1400 hours), losing an hour on the way back to Dallas. Drove straight through. Google says the trip would take 13 hours 42 minutes. I did it in almost exactly seventeen hours. Catnaps along the way, between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. but that was about it. McDonald's drive-through at 11:00 p.m. First time I've had a McDonald's hamburger, French Fries (and coffee) since the national lockdown back in March. 
  • Monday, today: arrived back at 7:00 a.m. Later, at 9:30 a.m., at Enterprise; dropped off the car. Wow, they were busy. Their shuttle driver wouldn't be able to take me back to my apartment for about an hour, they were that busy. We live about three miles from the Enterprise lot. I walked back home. Beautiful walk. It was a brisk walk; ran some of the way. 

So, another 953 miles for the return trip just a couple days later.   

Today, after those two 953-mile drives on little sleep, I had Sophia from noon to 7:00 p.m. for school and after-school activities. 

And that's why I'm too tired to blog. 

See you tomorrow. Maybe I'll be in better blogging mood. 

Good luck to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment