Saturday, December 28, 2019

Legacy Fund Deposits Rise Ever So Slightly; Notes From All Over, Part 1 -- December 28, 2019

First things first: the week in pictures, from Power Line Perhaps my two favorites:




Legacy Fund. Link here. The state usually posts the deposits on the 22nd of the month; this month it was delayed to the 27th. Forgot to post it yesterday. Sorry. Hopefully it didn't cause anyone any problems.



North Korea: No Christmas Eve / Christmas Day present for the US? Connecting the dots explain it. News at eleven. LOL. Too much to do but I will come back to this. And there's always a chance something yet to happen. [Forgot to get back to this: the reason North Korea did not launch any missiles over Christmas is because China told them not to.]

Monthly cost of streaming services. I forgot to grab the link; from a story within the past few days. I assume "Prime Video" is "Amazon Prime Video." If so, the monthly price is an estimate, I suppose, because Prime Video is an "additional" benefit to the original Prime membership. If one only subscribes to Amazon Prime for the faster, "free" shipping, then the monthly streaming service is "free." That's how I look at it. I subscribed to Amazon Prime for the shipping benefits, nothing else. Prime Video is a nice "freezie" if one looks at it from that standpoint. I subscribed to Amazon Prime years ago, and I've always considered Amazon Prime free (which, of course, it isn't). And it's possible Amazon has raised the price of Amazon Prime without me knowing.


Amazon releases its annual fact-free press release. It may be fact-free, but it's also not fake news. More than I can say for CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and a host of other "news" outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment