Monday, November 6, 2017

Ten Best US Destinations To Retire -- Livabilty.Com -- November 6, 2017

From Livability.com via CNBC: the ten best US destinations to retire -- no two cities fell in the same state:
1. Walnut Creek, CA (I once knew someone from Walnut Creek)
2. Reno, NV (I have a distant cousin who lives in Reno)
3. Boca Rataon, FL
4. Plano, TX (just down the road from where I currently live)
5. Sioux Falls, SD (I went to college in Sioux Falls; my mother lived there for many, many years)
6. Vancouver, WA (can't recall if I've been there but our daughter in Portland, OR, enjoys going to Vancouver)
7. Birmingham, AL (we lived just south of Birmingham for a couple years many centuries ago)
8. Littleton, CO (don't even know where it is)
9. Bismarck, ND (no comment necessary)
10. Salt Lake City, UT (seems out of place on this list of ten)
So, there you have it. I've pretty much been to all the places, know most of them pretty well, and think Grapevine is just fine, thank you very much. But as I've said many times, no matter where I live, I would say good things about the location. No use complaining about some things.

*****************************
Net Worth

See first comment, from this linked article:
Much like your GPA in high school, if you were to point to one figure in your life that summed up how you were doing – it's probably your net worth.
Right now, the one figure in my life that sums up how I am doing: the number of hours I get to spend with our granddaughters every week. But, then, yes, I agree, net worth is one way of measuring how life is going.

******************************
How Did I Miss This One?

Before you comment, read about "Pussycat" on wiki --

Mississippi, Pussycat
Prior to forming the band, the three sisters were telephone operators in Limburg (The Netherlands). 
I love the steel guitar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment