Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Is There A Story Here? -- June 7, 2016

If I remember, I will come back to this graphic.


This link to the Oil & Gas Journal will  have the graph. I've not read the article yet.

*****************************************
Notes for the Granddaughters

The two older granddaughters are enrolled in a computer coding "camp" this entire week at the University of Texas -- Dallas, which is really located in Plano or Richardson, I guess. From where we live, it's a horrendous 33-mile drive each way, so after I get them there, I spend the day in Plano, before picking them up again at the end of the day.

The day goes very, very quickly.

The highlight of the day is lunch! After yesterday's sushi luncheon I have decided that my goal this week in Plano is to visit five different sushi restaurants for lunch.

Yesterday, it was Densetsu Japanese Restaurant on Spring Creek Parkway. Excellent. A full 10-piece sashimi lunch: $16.95; a small sake for $5.00. With tip, the whole check for an incredibly good sashimi dinner in a very, very nice restaurant for $28 and change.

Today, Sushi Hinoki, at Coit and Campbell. The buffet must have been about $10.95: I forgot to look at the bill, although I noted the sake was $2.50. The total with gratuity came to about $18. One can order from a menu but the highlight seems to be the buffet, which comes with soup, salad, and about a dozen different sushi rolls. They were incredible. They even had a small selection of vegetable tempura. And yes, there was no limit to how much one could eat. According to the reviews, if you leave any uneaten sushi on your plate, the manager adds a few dollars to the cost of the meal, which I think is pretty clever.

The problem I have now is I'm not sure I want to go looking for another Japanese restaurant. An honest-to-goodness sushi roll buffet and $2.50-sake cannot be beat. I can only imagine what "they" would get for this in San Francisco or NYC. And not a dime for parking.

So, I don't forget: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Restaurants+Near+Coit+And+Campbell&find_loc=Richardson%2C+TX.

The Traitor, Leonard Cohen, Martha Wainwright
 
"It was called the traitor .... it was about the feeling that we have of betraying some mission that we were mandated to fulfill and being unable to fulfill it and then coming to understand that the real mandate was not to fulfill it and that  the deeper courage was to stand guiltless in the predicament in which you found yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment