Wednesday, March 2, 2016

For Those Who Don't Want To Spend All That Money On Disneyland -- March 2, 2016

For folks who think they are getting screwed by Disney, they could buy a couple of heifers sired by sons of Final Answer, MCD Converter. For less than the cost of a total Disneyland package (air-fare from the Bakken; 4-day car rental in southern California; lodging; and 3-day Disneyland/California Adventure hopper for a family of four, five, or six), one could get the pair -- mother heiffer and calf: asking $2400/pair.

"Asking" suggests one might be able to bargain.  Suggestion: don't mention you are a Trump supporter during the negotiations.

The calves are 3/4 Angus.

Now, isn't this a lot more fun than listening to MSNBC going over the primary results from yesterday?

I could be wrong, but I bet this is the history of the Brown Ranch. There is at least one clue to suggest that is accurate. This newspaper story may be the same ranch. I didn't cross-check really well, but "purt near sure."

Purt Near, Randy Rieman
************************************
19 months old and already an art critic:

"This looks out of place."

***************************************
I'll Have To Ask
As noted earlier, I did not watch the "Oscars" the other night; I did not hear Chris Rock's monologue or any other part of the his night on stage, but my wife did and she thought he was great. My wife's mother was Japanese and her dad was Hispanic. Not an ounce of white blood in her, although there are rumors that several generations ago, possibly a Russian/Siberian male might have inserted himself in her Japanese family, but that will never be known, I suppose. But I digress.

From the Los Angeles Times talking about Chris Rock's performance the other night:
Many observers were put off by a gag in which Rock introduced "accountants from the firm PricewaterhouseCoopers" who turned out to be Asian chidren -- a not-so-subtle play on stereotypes about Asian people's math abilities. But Rock took it a step further: "If anybody's upset about that joke, just tweet about it on your phone, which was also made by these kids."
Writing for Vulture, Dee Lockett called the joke "tone-deaf" and an "egregious oversight" in a ceremony in which race figured so prominently. The joke at the expense of another minority group under-represented in Hollywood reflected "the mistake of conflating #OscarsSoWhite with a black/white binary," said Daniel Fienberg of the Hollywood Reporter.
Wow, they need to take a deep breath, as the FBI Director Comey recently said.  I've heard so much worse in so many other public venues over the years. I'm sure even Chris Rock is wondering: if they are criticizing me for that, I need to come back next year and show them "how bad" I can really be.

I'll have to ask my wife. But I probably won't. I already know what she will say. "You're kidding, aren't you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment