Monday, November 28, 2016

Reason #16 Why I Love To Blog; Another Bakken Pipeline Expansion -- November 28, 2016

This is so incredible. I love it.

I mentioned this "option" in an e-mail to another reader, but I don't think I ever posted it. I had several reasons for not posting it but the main reason was that I did not want to "get ahead of my headlights."

Anyone who knows the pipeline story in North Dakota will know exactly what I'm talking about.

A huge "thanks" to the reader who sent me this note. This is quite exciting.

From SpectraEnergy press release:
Spectra Energy (NYSE: SE) and Spectra Energy Partners today announced a proposed expansion of their oil pipeline network, with service from Guernsey, WY, to Patoka, IL.
This announcement is in response to strong market demand to move light, sweet, U.S. domestic crude from multiple supply areas, including the Bakken, the Denver-Julesburg Basin and the Powder River Basin, to Patoka, where shippers will be able to access Midwest and Gulf Coast markets.
The expansion may enable future access to Eastern U.S. refiners as Spectra Energy continues to explore opportunities to serve those markets as well. The expansion, which will be in service in 2017 with an initial capacity of approximately 400,000 barrels per day, will provide unprecedented access for shippers to reach markets in eastern PADD 2 and the flexibility to meet light crude refinery demand on the Gulf Coast
Spectra Energy is in the news for other reasons, for example this post. A google search of the blog will find that Spectra Energy has been mentioned a couple of times.

This literally makes my day (evening).

By the way, there are so many connecting dots to this story, I can't even begin -- but they're easy to find: one can find them at this link (that post has not been updated in a long, long time).

Every day I tell myself the Bakken surprises me. The Bakken is like a Christmas present, almost every day. I simply can't keep up. But it's fun trying.

And, yes, here it is again, by popular request:

Pipeline, The Chantays

I may go watch "Endless Summer" this evening.

**************************
Poll

With the announcement imminent, I'm taking down the poll. Will Mitt Romney be named SecState?
  • Yes: 28%
  • No: 72%
I agree. But for counter-intuitive reasons. I think it goes to a retired general officer whose last name begins with a "P."

No comments:

Post a Comment