Sunday, October 17, 2021

Let's Go Brandon! The Sports Page -- October 17, 2021

NASCAR: first of three races for the "group of eight."

NFL: Dallas, later afternoon game.  Later: how about them Cowboys?

  • Kansas City Chiefs will win today
  • Green Bay clobbers Chicago Cubs
  • Sunday night football: Seahawks vs Steelers (yawn) -- sorry! I know I will get a note from my one Seattle Seahawks fan. Sorry.

Advice to networks:

  • do not cut away for commercials. Use "side-by-side" if commercials must be shown;
  • as soon as a commercial hits, I move to another game, race, or tournament (PGA); I don't have time to waste on commercials
  • once I switch I tend not to move on, unless the game, race, or tournament is really, really boring 
  • next best thing: AI to immediately move to another sports venue when commercial comes on

Same with paywalls. 

Why Earth is not ready for EVs. Nothing new here. Link to Felicity Bradstock.

Apple TV: Steve Jobs tried for years to get solve the problem. Two things he needed:

  • content: getting there;
  • one remote: Jobs / Apple, Inc failed; but Hulu streaming + Amazon Firestick succeeeded -- one remote. Incredible. Hulu + Amazon Firestick seems to work off iTunes format -- something Steve Jobs wanted; could never achieve in his lifetime

4 comments:

  1. Cant let ya down... S-Hawks may just be better short term without star QB. Both teams 2-4 so I'll add my yawn here as well. If the paint isnt drying or the grass not growing it might hold my attention.
    Excellent idea on the commercials. Have worn out several mute buttons for ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt badly about posting that ... but I knew you would take it in the spirit intended. Thank you. I will end up watching it.

      Delete
  2. Staying up late only to lose in OT...As a fan I feel like I should get compensated for that abuse 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tough, tough loss. My condolences. But, for an unbiased viewer, incredibly exciting. That last three seconds in regulation time ...

      Delete