Bruin E&P Operating, LLC: incredibly exciting, right now. It looks like they are laser-focused on the Bakken, and hitting on all cylinders, as they say.
Five new permits:
- Operators: Bruin (3); Newfield, Liberty Resources
- Fields: Spotted Horn (McKenzie), White Earth (Mountrail), Siverston (McKenzie)
- Comments: Bruin E&P Operating has permits for yet another 3-well Fort Berthold pad, this one in lot 3, section 3-150-94; Liberty Resources has a permit for a Tucson well in White Earth, section 25-158-94; and, Newfield has a permit for a Goliath well in Siveston, in lot 2, section 5-150-98; let's hope it's a "giant" of a well;
- EOG (7): six Clarks Creek permits in McKenzie County; one Parshall permit in Mountrail County
- BR (4): a CCU Boxcar, a CCU Audubon, a CCU Golden Creek, and a CCU Burner permit, all in Dunn County
- CLR (2): two Entzel permits in Dunn County
- Whiting (2): a Ray permit and a Wold permit, the former in Mountrail County, the latter in McKenzie County
- Bruin: one Storhaug permit in Williams County
- 33016, 3,031, Hess, EN-Thompson Trust-154-94-1930H-9, Alkali Creek, t12/18; cum --;
- 33018, 4,180, Hess, EN-Thompson Trust-154-94-1930H-11, Alkali Creek, t12/18; cum --;
- 34651, 3,499, WPX, Lawrence Bull 1-12HD, South Fork, t12/18; cum --;
- 34650, 2,847, WPX, Lawrence Bull 1-12HC, South Fork, t12/18; cum --;
- 34649, 2,176, WPX, Lawrence Bull 1-12HY, South Fork, t12/18; cum --;
- 34652, 2,685, WPX, Lawrence Bull 1-12HZ, South Fork, t12/18; cum --;
- 35221, 1,115, Kraken Operating, Goodman LE 36-25 1H, Painted Woods, t12/18; cum --;
- 35103, 791, Kraken Operating, Goodman 36-25 5H, Squires, t12/18; cum --'
- 34869, 1,196, Hunt, Halliday 146-93-11-2H, Wolf Bay, t10/18; cum 18K 11/18;
- 34868, 932, Hunt, Halliday 146-93-11-2H-5, Wolf Bay, t11/18; cum 24K 11/18;
- 33017, 3,844, Hess, EN-Thompson Trust-154-94-1930H-10, t12.18; cum --;
ISO New England
Wow, I have not seen this in awhile. Electricity provided to the grid by coal jumped to 4% today; renewable energy down to as low as 9% today but back to 11% now. Electricity appears to have averaged well above $75/MW since midnight early this morning.
Later: after posting that, I received this note from someone who really, really follows this very, very closely.
Last night the Pilgrim nuke plant in Massachusetts started dropping output and now, according to the nrc.gov site, is only operating at 26% capacity.
That should stress the region's generating ability as this cold front moves in.In a somewhat related vein, the Vineyard Wind project is expected to announce a very minimal compensation package to Rhode Island fishermen for the loss of fishing grounds due to their proposed offshore wind farm.The meeting to announce the granting/withholding of the necessary permit by the Coastal Resource Council has again been postponed; the next meeting has now been moved to January 29.