March 25, 2018: early production numbers for the Tarentaise wells at this post.
Six-well pad sited in 19-153-94 (SWSW), sited north to south:
- 32578, 1,768, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 6-19H1, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 256K 2/20;
- 32577, 2,051, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 5-19H, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 303K 2/20;
- 32576, A, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 4-19H2, Elm Tree, t--; cum 269K 2/20;
- 32575, 2,414, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 3-19H, Elm Tree, t10/17; cum 277K 2/20;
- 32574, 1,176, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 2-19H1, Elm Tree, 62 stages; 15.2 million lbs, mesh/large; 108K; t10/17; cum 280K 2/20;
- 32573, 2,010, CLR Tarentaise Federal 1-19H, Elm Tree, 61 stages; 14.2 million lbs, mesh/large, 140K; t9/17; cum 408K 2/20;
- 32588, 1,650, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 13-19H, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 237K 2/20;
- 32587, 1,582, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 12-19H2, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 258K 2/20;
- 32586, 1,840, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 11-19H, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 336K 2/20;
- 32585, 1,620, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 10-19H1, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 261K 2/20;
- 32584, 1,600, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 9-19H, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 319K 2/20;
- 32583, 1,544, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 8-19H2, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 251K 2/20;
- 32582, 1,620, CLR, Tarentaise Federal 7-19H, Elm Tree, t11/17; cum 276K 2/20;
Neighboring well impacted by these Tarentaise wells:
- 19397, 417, CLR, Buelingo 1-20H, Elm Tree, t3/11; cum 333K 2/20; full production profile at this post; huge halo effect;
We North Americans get excited about Tarentaise because to us they are a new breed, generally unrelated to existing breeds, which gives us that extra kick of hybrid vigor. Fact is, the breed was named in 1859, and the first breed congress was held in 1866. The Tarentaise herdbook was founded in 1888, with major revisions being made immediately following World War II.
Tarentaise bear the name of the place of their origin, the Tarentaise Valley in the French Alpine mountains. There has been less mixing of breeds with Tarentaise in the last 100 years than with most French breeds. What other breed that offers hybrid vigor has such pristine genetics, selected over the span of a century?
The Europeans selected primarily for milk production when making their breeding decisions. Mother Nature, on the other hand, selected for muscling, hardiness and adaptability in order for them to live under range conditions in the French Alps. The result is a dual purpose breed.
Altitude in their native region varies from 1,000 feet to 8,000 feet, and usually the change in elevation is dramatic. In order to negotiate the mountain ranges, Tarentaise developed excellent natural muscling. This breed is distinctive for its abundant muscling in the hip region, and they are exceptionally long from hooks to pins.
Cattle trivia, from an earlier post.In France, no other cattle graze where the Tarentaise graze. Charolais, Maine-Anjou and Limousin are raised in Basin regions, where the land is more lush. Salers are native to a mountainous region, but it is not as mountainous as the home of the Tarentaise.
Cattle trivia, from another post.
And even more cattle trivia, from yet another post.